Help with installation of extensions

• Hi!

I'm sorry but my german isn't good enough to understand the posts here and I'd really like some help, so I hope you can forgive my english.

I've tried to install several extensions, but I can't get them to work. Like the Booster.
    I've installed Singles 2 with 1.2 patch (english version)

I have then tried to unzip the file Singles2Booster_v1.5.zip to the Extensions folder. I've copied the file characterDescription.acd from to the GameLogic folder.
    But nothing happens. I've tried having all the files a subfolder inside the Extensions folder (like C:\Program Files\Singles 2\extensions\Singles2Booster_v1.5) and without one.
    If I copy all the files to the root (C:\Program Files\Singles 2) I get an error message, like I've seen many others have in the forum. (undefined outfit discription: outfit_alice (in file: c:\rotobee\singlesaddon\src\character\characterdat )

I hope someone can help me. Many thanks in advance!

• I'm guessing you have the digital download version also? Not the retail? If so, I'm still not sure we can use them to their fullest. I think there is some difference in the code that makes them incompatable.

• Hello mandragore,

at first I want to say, that my schooltime is about 18 years ago and so my english would not be the very best, but nevertheless I´ll try to help you:)

You said, that you´ve installed singles2 and also the patch v1.2 (english version). That´s allright and if everything has runned without a problem during the installationprocess you´ll find the versionsnumber "v1.2" in your startscreen of the game (right site at the buttom of the startscreen).

That´s the basic!!!

The failure, you´ve made, has been to unzip the datas of the "Booster" into any folder!!!
    There is nothing to unzip!!!

After downloading the "Booster" copy it into your Extensions-Folder of the Singles2 directory.
    Then you have at first to search for the data "charactersdescription.acd" in the folder "gamelogic" of the original game.
    If you´ve found it rename it into (for example) "security-characterdescription.acd"
    Now open the zip-file of the booster (in the folder "extensions) by using a doubleclick.
    Only open, NOT unzip!!!
    After this step you have to copy the data "charactersdesription.acd" into the folder "gamelogic" of the Singles2 directory.
    IMPORTANT!!! - Before copying the data you have to deactivate the proof of the gamelogic-folder. Otherwise your input will not be saved!!!
    After that reactivate the proof of these folder.

Now start a new game in singles2.

The easiest way to check up if everything has happened fine is to open the "building-menu" after starting a new game.
    In the menu of carpets you should find a "sex-carpet".

You´d find it? - Enjoy the game with the booster!!!

I hope, I could have helped you.

Bye
    Marty