~*Let's talk about...- Der Englisch-Thread!*~

• 4-Pfoten: Welcome in the Off-Topic! (girl friend is someone you're inlove with, as far as I know ;))

Hm, I've learned Frensh for 4 years. At first it was kinda strange but I liked it anyway. However, when we started reading some odd stories about "la guerre franco-allemande", I couldn't stand the subject anymore, so I decided to quit that course thus I've forgotten almost everything I've learned in those 4 years.

Kind regards,
    Kathy

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Century Gothic"][CENTER]Niemand weiß, was in ihm drinsteckt,
    solange er nicht versucht hat, es herauszuholen.[/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4-Pfoten - you just say "friend" (or probably "buddy" but it's more a 'Kumpel').
    Your girlfriend would be your love.

Uhh, that helps a lot! Thanks! :-)
    That's the reason, I asked.

There is also a list, it's called buddy list. *g* And I've never known what's mean with the word "buddy" before. I know that's about friends, though. But not the meaning exactly.

EDIT: Oh, no... We are learning at school the difference between Brittish and American English now.
    Once in a while there are many difficult words... When we have to write an essay, we have to use one English. Brittish OR American English. But I know some Brittish and American words... So it will be very difficult for me, to use only one variety.

• French. :hua Definitly not my kind of language. With all those ´`^. :hua It sounds great. That's for sure. But I've never been good in writing it.

I like your Ava. Dragons in general to be exact.
    I know there are differences between british and american english. But I can't remember having to know that in school. :kopfkratz Probably came after "my time". I feel for you. I can imagine, that it's difficult to seperate these two from one-another.

Ein Weg entsteht dadurch, daß man ihn geht. - Ob er einem gefällt oder nicht, hängt davon ab, ob man darauf achtet wohin man tritt.

• French. :hua Definitly not my kind of language. With all those ´`^. :hua It sounds great. That's for sure. But I've never been good in writing it.

Oh yeah. That's really annoying!!

Zitat

I like your Ava. Dragons in general to be exact.

Thanks. *g*

Zitat

I know there are differences between british and american english. But I can't remember having to know that in school. :kopfkratz Probably came after "my time". I feel for you. I can imagine, that it's difficult to seperate these two from one-another.

It's basically the vocabulary. For example the Americans says "vacation" and the Brittish says "holiday" or "cute" (AE) and "nice" (BE). But all those words probably mean the same thing.

Uh, and I guess... This is a typically word!! "Pants" it means in America the "trousers". In Britain there is a "pants" an underwear.

But our teacher is weird anyway...

• I love this thread. rofl

I am fluent in german and english....

Like english more tho. Since I don`t talk to my friends in England and the US that often anymore, it`s getting hard for me to keep up with my language.

But, still like this thread. XD

English is a very beautiful and creative language. So many words to say the same thing...wow. It is incredible.

Maybe some day I will live in an english country and it`ll be possible for me to speak english all day.

I just love it....yeah.

[SIZE=1]"Why be alone when we can be together baby[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1] You can make my life worthwhile[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1] And I can make you start to smile"[/SIZE]
    [right][SIZE=1]"Wenn Du einsam bist - rufe nur nach mir
    wenn Du mich vermisst - komme ich zu Dir"[/SIZE]
    [/right]
    [center][SIZE=1]Ich grüße Alfred J. Kwak, die Gummiebärenbande, die Figuren aus Es war einmal... , Bugs Bunny, Spidi Gonzales, die Chipmunks und natürlich Pucki, pauli und gwirrx![/SIZE][/center]

• I think the BE is better.

[CENTER][SIZE=2]My 0.00000001 percent chance of marrying Alex Gaskarth still beats [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=2] your 0 percent chance of marrying Edward Cullen. [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

• I have learned our new vocabularies for 2 hours. *sigh* I'm glad to be finish!!

There are a lot of words in it! Examples: "sidewalk" (AE) and "pavement" (BE)

And in my opinion, the American word is much easier to know than the British thing.

And then the word "gas". It means the British word "petrol", though.

I don't know what's better... But my mum means, the BE sounds like nicer than the AE.

Warm regards! :-)

• I won't ask why, Dingens :p.

I agree with your mother, 4-Pfoten ;), BE sounds great, sometimes really sexy :D, and most of the time more intelligent than AE.

[SIZE="3"][center][FONT="Garamond"]
    Das ist nicht die Sonne, die untergeht,
    sondern die Erde, die sich dreht.[/FONT][/center][/SIZE]

• Neither :D, I think it's rather "I haven't been here for a long time".
    So, what's up, Louisi-darling (:p), why are you green?
    (By the way, your signature reminds me of a song of the 'Helden'... *listens to it* Thanks!)

[SIZE="3"][center][FONT="Garamond"]
    Das ist nicht die Sonne, die untergeht,
    sondern die Erde, die sich dreht.[/FONT][/center][/SIZE]

• I'm here now, but you aren't. Well, I'm a little late. :lachen

Schoko Bons are great. But you really get a lot of garbage. So most of the time I go with hazelnut-schocolate. Hmmm...

Ein Weg entsteht dadurch, daß man ihn geht. - Ob er einem gefällt oder nicht, hängt davon ab, ob man darauf achtet wohin man tritt.